Did I pay too much?

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Did I pay too much?

Postby jeffchance » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:23 pm

I doubt if Eagle will sell to an individual. Probably have your dealer order from the distributor. Centerfire Systems also has the Armscor 200 and 206 for $189.99 + shipping to your FFL. That is the lowest I have seen them.
http://centerfiresystems.com/AC-M200.aspx
http://centerfiresystems.com/AC-M206.aspx
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby bitsman » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Been looking at both the M200 and M206 for a while now... I have been able to look for examples of both guns and they are fine for what they are.. Finish is usually on the rough side.. Both locked up nice and tight... Triggers were nothing to write home about, but with time and rounds fired I think they would smooth out a good deal. Sights were a little hard to see, but then again that could have my old eyes.. Grip on both fit my hand well...

In the end I opted out of the M206 snubbie.. Decided to go with a Rossi 461 357mag.. On layaway now... since it will be my primary carry gun and the extra power behind a full power 158gr slug would be nice to have... I still want one of the M200 4 inchers... Dealer is checking his distributor every few days for me... I guess they were on sale for a while and everyone except me took advantage of it.. GunBroker has a few examples for sale right now.. Depending on what you have to pay for shipping and transfer fees it might be worth a look..
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby LCPfraTN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Bud's has them for $196 delivered. You have to look under Rock Island Armory to find them. I've been considering one also, but would like to see one in the flesh before I buy, and I have yet to see one around here. I may just bite the bullet one of these days and get one.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... und%20Cap/
LCPfraTN
700+ Rounds Club. Official Forum Gun Nut

Postby bitsman » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:40 pm

LCPfraTN wrote:Bud's has them for $196 delivered. You have to look under Rock Island Armory to find them. I've been considering one also, but would like to see one in the flesh before I buy, and I have yet to see one around here. I may just bite the bullet one of these days and get one.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... und%20Cap/

Armscor has the same warranty as Hi Point.. except that it is only good to the original owner... all reports I have read regarding people having to get service from them have been good.. In most cases They will just replace your old gun with a brand new one if there is an issue.. Buy one.. shoot a few 1000 rounds.. If things start to loosen up.. send it in.. get a new gun... That right there is deal....
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby jeffchance » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 pm

The Armscor/Rock Island Armory distributor is in Pahrump, Nevada. I was able to only park in front of their building when I was at Front Sight last. No walk-ins allowed. Yes, their customer service and warranty are exceptional.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am

Centerfire has the Armscor revolvers for $189.00 right now, not sure if they offer free shipping.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Even if it wasn't a real bargain, (although it sounds like it was), paying a few extra dollars for something you really want fades to a distant memory very quickly. I always sweat those few dollars, then realize if i just skip a stop at Dunkin Donuts when picking up the gun at my FFL I've come up even. It's all relative.
Phil
GUN NUT!

Postby farmkid » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Phil wrote:Even if it wasn't a real bargain, (although it sounds like it was), paying a few extra dollars for something you really want fades to a distant memory very quickly...

I can't add much more to that, including the "although it sounds like it was". I think that the price itself was just fine, and many times I've been willing to sweeten the pot a bit just because the item (firearm or other) was more personally important to me than to the public in general.

But, regardless of sentiment, I think you did just fine for a .38 Special that is, as far as I know, a solid one. As in: yeah, far better construction than that of the RF10. :D
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby daryn158 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks guys I will let you guys know how she performs and the ja 25 I also have coming for that matter. I'm getting frustrated with the whole deal tho. I don't know how long these things usually take this is my first Gb purchase. Anyway seller had payment last thurs which was 8/9 it is now 8/15 and he still hasn't shipped my order nor would he respond to emails untill I got Gb invovled. I might be overreacting but I think this is rediculous. Sorry I'm venting guys lol
daryn158
GUN NUT!

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Different sellers have different turnaround times, so unless they promised quick shipping I guess you wait. However the ones I've dealt with did ship quickly.
Phil
GUN NUT!

PreviousNext

Return to RG Rohm Pistols and Revolvers Forum