Somebody did the math

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Somebody did the math

Postby Dave_H » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:46 pm

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-surprisin ... 58140.html

I was always vaguely pro 2A, but I wasn't always a gun guy. Military family? Check. Owned a gun? Check. Didn't give the RKBA a great deal of thought. I grew up surrounded by pro gun folks so it wasn't a thing. It just was. The sun shines in the morning. Water is wet. The sky is blue. Et cetera. The so called AWB of the 90's and the subsequent gun control movement caught my attention and gradually moved me in to Ted Nugent territory. By around 2000 or so I had come to the conclusion that gun control was the canary in the coal mine. If a politician tells you he favors dramatic restrictions on your gun rights, that tells you everything you need to know about how they view you and the relationship between you and the government. (You are a subject, you must obey)
On an unrelated note, I learned from the computers I was building for myself in that timeframe that it was good to have multiples of the same item, so that you could fix things yourself without any outside help or resources. I transferred some of that philosophy over to firearms.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: Somebody did the math

Postby Don » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:48 pm

I agree with you about having multiples of things so you can fix them without outside help. I own several cap and ball revolvers and muzzle loading rifles as well as several Saturday night specials. Every time I look at guns I am drawn to what I already have because that item becomes a new parts source. The radical left has become very embolden as of late so your view of politicians has become the same as mine.

Don
Don
Hardcore

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.